• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Starting a New Regime!

Clean_Cut

Bluelighter
So im already in pretty good shape.
About to turn 20, 171cm tall and 65kg (~ 5"7/140 pounds)
Over the last year or so I have begun to eat alot better and have cut out alot of junk from my diet (still love chocolate though :) ) and now I have begun to start excersing more also.

I have always surfed almost everday so my fitness levels are already high, but im thinking of starting up light runs and gym/weight sessions, a few times a week.

I currently supplement with ALCAR, ALA, fish oil, milk thistle, drink green tea (including EGCG extract) and I am considering ordering some n-acetyl-cysteine - for lung tissue repair and detox benefits (occasional MJ smoker). I am also considering getting some whey protein isolate for my workouts. The amino acids contained in these blends seem to be quite beneficial and I think they would, in combination with working out, boost my general health quite a bit.

Mainly I have started this threat to get any opinions on my regime, if I am supplementing with the correct things, if theres anything I should be doing that im not...(i.e. if im not specifially looking to get huge muscles is weight lifitng and protein supplementation really a good idea?)

Any input greatly appreciated!

think about it this way: did cavemen go to GNC for supplements before they went chasing after woolly mammoths?

I take the following: multi-vitamin, flaxseed oil, and l-arginine (amino acid for increased blood flow during physical activity). I eat almost totally unprocessed foods, and don't drink anything but beer, water, wine, and green tea. I do body weight exercises and run daily. I feel great.

Try taking all those protein powders, whey isolates, pre and post workout creatines... you'll probably feel like shit. Maybe you personally wont, but most people do. That stuff isn't meant to be consumed.

It's great that you're healthy and want to further improve yourself, but maybe you should look at getting back to basics. You save money by not buying all the supplements, while simultaneously rejecting all those chemicals that you could potentially put into your body.

and smoking weed shouldn't affect your lung capacity much, if at all.

and smoking weed shouldn't affect your lung capacity much, if at all.
That is a gross misconception. To say that it does not affect your lung capacity is incorrect... it may not be noticeable in doing physical activity, however when doing something that requires repeated deep breathing (like singing or yoga) there is a totally noticeable difference in lung capacity.

P.S. It's regimen.

That is a gross misconception. To say that it does not affect your lung capacity is incorrect... it may not be noticeable in doing physical activity, however when doing something that requires repeated deep breathing (like singing or yoga) there is a totally noticeable difference in lung capacity.

P.S. It's regimen.

Would you say running requires repeated deep breathing? Swimming?

I personally notice no difference in lung capacity when I run after smoking weed. Also, look at Michael Phelps. Dude smokes weed and is the greatest swimmer in the history of the world. I know high school swimmers that smoke weed and swim personal bests...

Of course this is all non-scientific, but there has to be something to it.

*and he might have meant regime in a militaristic sense...